Wednesday 21 January 2015

D'Amico Shipping Lesson 23

Lesson 23
(1) Skills
Decision Making unit 4.3
p. 42 Questions 1 - 4 discussion

(2) Past Simple/Present Perfect
Read the notes here: http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/simpas-preper and then complete the exercises below:

Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple past or present perfect simple).
  1. I (just / finish) my homework.
  2. Mary (already / write) five letters.
  3. Tom (move) to this town in 1994.
  4. My friend (be) in Canada two years ago.
  5. I (not / be) to Canada so far.
  6. But I (already / travel) to London a couple of times.
  7. Last week, Mary and Paul (go) to the cinema.
  8. I can't take any pictures because I (not / buy) a new film yet.
  9. (they / spend) their holiday in New Zealand last summer?
  10. (you / ever / see) a whale?
  11. My friend (be) to Edinburgh three times.
  12. Some years ago he (study) English there.
  13. Last month he (visit) some friends in Edinburgh.
  14. Unfortunately, I (can / not) go to Edinburgh with him.
  15. This is a pity. They are my friends, too, and I (see / not) them for ages.

Corrections
travel (usually uncountable - travel in general)/trips (countable)
lose waste time
focalise focus
interested to understand in understanding
pronunciation: read (/ɾɪːd/ present tense /ɾed/ past tense)

Going Further:
(1) Listening: Using dvds to help your English
http://seansenglishclassroom.pbworks.com/w/page/11442630/Film%20Lessons
(2) Reading: following on from our discussion today - http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jan/18/modern-world-bad-for-brain-daniel-j-levitin-organized-mind-information-overload?CMP=share_btn_tw



No comments: