Monday 16 October 2017

ANIA Group Courses

12:30pm Group 1 - Level B2
Lesson 23

Class

  • Listening Skills: prediction, note taking, BEC Exam part one.
  • Telephone Language 
  • Expressions with get
  • Present Continuous for future arrangements (The meeting is taking place on 23rd October), actions in the (general) present (I'm calling about the meeting, I'm putting together the agenda for the meeting), hedging (I'm proposing a 10 o'clock start)

Vocabulary
so so
nevertheless

I've got it  = I understand 
let me just get my diary
I'm getting back to her with some prices

fly into (a city) 
check out (information)
go for = choose
put together = organise

Is that (name)?
Yes, speaking
How can I help you?
I'm calling about (noun/-ing)
By the way
Could I speak to (name)?
I'm afraid she's not in the office right now
Can I take a message?
Sorry can you spell your last name please?
One other thing
While I've got you on the phone there's one other thing
Could you let him know which/what/when/where/who/how

I hope you can manage to reschedule your other commitments

Corrections
is died is dead
have lucky  is lucky

Homework

  1. Read through the audio script noting the features from today's lesson.
  2. Songs with telephone language https://open.spotify.com/user/11142496185/playlist/6r3rJS9Kr5nQWOYoguqBJH


2:00pm Group 2 - Level C1
Lesson 23

Class
The Financial Crisis (Language Leader Advanced p. 114)

  • Reading
  • Body metaphors

wet behind the ears, point the finger, shrug your shoulders, wrapped around your finger, keep your eyes peeled, rub shoulders (with someone), get cold feet, word of mouth, change of heart, lazybones, (rule with an) iron fist.


Homework
Confusing words (Language Leader Advanced p. 115 question 5a
Is there a difference in



No comments: