Thursday 13 November 2014

D'Amico Shipping B2 Lesson 18

Lesson 18
Class
Presentations

Well done Angela, Valerio & Ilaria, I hope you found the feedback useful. Also thanks to Stefano for such a thorough presentation for Song of the Week. 
Next week Mirta and Andrea are scheduled to speak, Luigi and Martina, when would you like to give your presentations? There is one slot left on 19/11 and another on 26/11.

Corrections
Vocabulary/Collocation
Publish a book but release music/an album/cd/a song etc
Pessimist, optimist (person) pessimism, optimism (concept)

Verb Structure/Verb + Preposition Collocations/Structure & Word Order
Think to about
Introduce someone to someone else
We are going to discussing
Our values are five There are five values/We have five values
What do we mean with by…
Tell someone something
Talk about something

SignpostingLanguage
I will be very pleasure pleased to answer your questions
Outline your points in the introduction, sum up your points in the conclusion
Move on to the next point
If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them now.
I'd like to present introduce myself
Now I'm going to end that brings me to the end of my presentation…

Pronunciation
Consonant clusters at the end of words
concepts
Silent letters
higher
Vowels
trivial
identification

Homework
Write a brief paragraph explaining what you learned from giving/observing the presentations today.

No comments: