Thursday 21 September 2017

ANIA Group Courses

2:00pm Group 8 - Level B2
Lesson 19
Free Speaking & Error Correction
Areas to focus on:

  • go + ing for activities e.g. go trekking, go jogging, go shopping, go swimming
  • It is versus There is Compare: There was a lot of rain. It was very humid. There has no particular meaning besides the existence of something. It, usually followed by the verb "be", expresses occurrences of nature such as weather, time, and distance.
  • verb + preposition collocations. Arrive in a city/country, arrive at a place, arrive home. We arrive in New York on Saturday. When we arrive at the station, I will give you a call. It was a long drive but we eventually arrived home at 20pm. See also go to (a country/city/place), get to = arrive.
  • Expectations and future in the past: I don't guess to find = I didn't think I would find, I guessed to see = I thought I would see/I expected to see
Vocabulary
Compare: sunshine, sunrise (dawn), sunset/sundown (dusk)
high expectation
the whole trip/journey/time
outward/inward (return) flight/journey

Homework
While reading your English novel this week, look out for examples of the structures listed above. 



No comments: