Wednesday 2 March 2016

Legal English at Bennett Languages Civitavecchia Lesson 15

Lesson 15
Class
Presentations continued.
Ethical Dilemmas - Discussion & Listening

Vocabulary
to sail close to the wind = to do something that may be illegal
to think something through
to take someone to court
to land in court
substantial damages
(to be in) hot water = to be in trouble
to hold fire = to wait
to let slip = to give away some confidential information by mistake

Corrections
If I don't say wrong  If I'm not wrong
It's very stressing it's very stressful
Or...or  Either ... or
I'd like to summing up by saying...  I'd like to sum up by saying...
I'm at the end of my presentation  That brings me to the end of my presentation
The parts to the action The parties to the action

Homework
Look at the 4 ethical dilemmas on the photocopy Sailing close to the wind. What are the ethical issues involved? What are the legal issues involved? What would you advise the parties to do?




No comments: