Thursday 12 April 2012

British Council English Courses at the LUISS 12/4

British Council English Courses at the LUISS


Thursday 12th April 2012


11:30am
GPII GROUP 12 MODULE B1.2


Class



  • Discussion: How does the law regulate advertising? Do you think lawyers should be able to advertise like other businesses? Why/Why not?
  • Ways of Advertising - Reading, Vocabulary & Listening p 50 - 51
  • 2nd Conditional p51, p 142 - 143
Notes:

Look at the statement below and answer the questions:

I am Irish, my name is Sean. If I were Italian, my name would be Giovanni.
  1. What is my real nationality?
  2. What is my real name?
  3. Is the statement about the past or the present?
  4. Which part of the statement is a conditional sentence?
  5. What tenses are used and why?
Homework:

Today we talked about advertising and how it changed during the 1960's. Watch this clip from the TV series Mad Men which is about an advertising agency in New York in the 1960's. What do you find out about advertising in general and tobacco advertising in particular? Do you think it would be different today? 


No comments: