Wednesday 6 March 2013

GPI Group 17 B1.2

Lesson 3
6th March 11:30am

Class
Unit 4.3 Disappearing Languages - reading, listening & First Conditional
Unit 4.4 Listening

Homework & Self Study
Learn the Key Language na Vocabulary on p. 141, it will help you with the speaking assessment next week.
Vocabulary - remember the 8 X 8 rule.
Songs - what songs can help you remember the First Conditional.

Lesson Notes
Permit (most formal) allow, let (least formal)
n.b. structure: let someone do something (infinitive without to) use songs to reinforce verb patterns e.g. “Let Me Go” Heaven 17 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJrU9RIurFE
“I Want You To Want Me” Cheap Trick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMG7b3LYaAM
Future Forms
I’ll meet my brother on Friday. (decision made in the moment – therefore could be seen as an obvious excuse)
I’m going to meet my brother on Friday. (a plan but one that still could be changed)
I’m meeting my brother on Friday. (an arrangement which would be difficult or impossible to change)

First Conditional
If you don’t mind, I’ll get right to the point. (1st Conditional)
If Gaelic is a dying language, then why are more and more Gaelic schools starting in Scotland (0 Conditional)
I’ll take the car if it rains. = I won’t take the car unless it rains.
Punctuation - use a comma if the conditional clause comes first.
If it rains, I’ll take the car.

No comments: