Wednesday 30 October 2013

GPII Group 5 B2+1 Lesson 6

Lesson 6
Class

Interview Questions - Dictation
Interview Role-play

Dictation – note the stress

1.       What can you tell me about yourself? (7 words)

2.       What are your greatest strengths? (5)

3.       What are your greatest weaknesses? (5)

4.       Why did you decide to study law? (7)

5.       What was the most valuable experience you had in law school? (11)

6.       What qualities do you think a good lawyer needs to have? (11)

7.       What accomplishment are you most proud of? (7)

8.       What do you know about this firm? (7)

9.       Why do you want to work for this firm? (9)

10.   Why should we hire you? (5)

11.   How would you describe your ideal job? (7)

12.   What can you tell me about your work experience? (9)

Extra Reading on typical interview questions and model answers.
http://jobsearch.about.com/od/interviewquestionsanswers/a/top-10-interview-questions.htm
http://seansenglishclassroom.pbworks.com/w/page/47733197/Getting%20A%20Law%20Job

Unit 2.1, 2.2
Tourism Collocations, Eco Tourism listening


To get away from it all

To let your hair down = relax

To soak up (the atmosphere) = experience especially sensations

To get back to nature

To live it up = enjoy yourself – treat yourself

Go/get off the beaten track

To steer clear of something = avoid

To lounge around

To get ripped off = to be conned

To take in knowledge, information  = understand, remember


Feedback on covering letters and corrections

Correct/improve the following

1.       I consider myself a good team player.

2.       I was been in America several times.

3.       Having read the internship’s informations

4.       All my teachers always said me that I am well organized.

5.       Having read your company information, I am very interested in work law.

6.       I could offer you a contribution

7.       I am a 2th year law student

8.       I would like to work in your law office.

9.       I followed many stages in Rome.

 

General points:

·         Say what level your languages are (use the Council of Europe scale).

·         Don’t number your paragraphs but make sure they are clearly set out.

·         Check your spelling: belive, addiction, strenght

·         The letter is formal so no contractions – I am not I’m, do not not don’t

Homework
Unit 2.2  p .19 Consevation vocabulary Q. 6, Articles Q. 7, 8

No comments: